Super Sri Lankan Cooking Class - Bondi
- Duration : 3 Hours (approx.)
- Product code : P8CRW3
On arrival you will be offered a refreshment, and then given a short brief on safety and orientation.
The chef demonstrates the courses to be cooked, and answers any questions. The students then usually break into pairs to prepare the meal under the guidance of the chef.
When all is ready, we sit down and eat at a large single set table.
On The Menu:
- Chicken Curry
- Prawn Curry
- Pumpkin Curry – a Sri Lankan favourite
- Snake Bean Mallung - mallungs are quick fried vegetable accompaniments that are lightly spiced
- Dhal with Spinach - a vegetable curry using red lentils and spinach
- Coconut Sambol - sambols are accompaniments like salsas, or relishes, or pickles
- Saffron Rice
- Coconut Roti
This is an activity where everyone gets involved under the chef’s guidance to product a sensational feast! When it’s ready, we’ll sit down as a group and enjoy our delicious meal.
All students receive an email after the class with the recipes from the class,
plus bonus items.
- Please choose carefully, as there is a $25 admin fee for any changes (apart from name of attendee) made to a booking up to 5 days before a class.
- No changes (apart from name of attendee) can be made less than 5 days before a class.
- We operate with a maximum of 16 people per class, and need 10 bookings for a class to proceed. There are rare occasions when the minimum class number of ten isn't reached. In this instance you would be given three days notice, the chance to reschedule for a later date, or offered the opportunity to participate in one of our other great classes
- All attendees must be over the age of 18
- Just about all special dietary requirements such as gluten free or vegetarian (but not Vegan) can be accommodated at no extra charge. Please state your needs at the time of booking.
- The price quoted is for one person.
- The cooking class is not suitable for spectators.
- This experience takes place indoors and is therefore not affected by the weather.
- Casual and comfortable clothing is recommended. Aprons are provided. Closed shoes must be worn, preferably with solid soles and good grip.